DRUGS & CONDITIONS
CVS Specialty is a leader in care for patients with hereditary angioedema (HAE). We are the only specialty pharmacy with services for both acute and prophylactic HAE treatment.
At CVS Specialty, we provide personalized support from a CareTeam led by specially-trained and dedicated pharmacists, nurses, and counselors. This CareTeam has experience to help patients like you meet all of your needs. Choose us and your CareTeam will proactively review your doctor's plan of care and instructions to ensure your medication is given correctly. In addition, your CareTeam will troubleshoot any issues, including side effects.
Your CareTeam will also help you by:
- Coordinating the start of treatment with your doctor
- Coordinating homecare and self-infusion training
- Providing patient education
- Securing coverage for your new treatment
- Determining your insurance coverage and lowering out-of-pocket costs
- Advocating for manufacturer's financial assistance programs as needed
- Processing insurance paperwork and coordinating benefits
- Handling prior authorization issues
- Obtaining all necessary approvals for reimbursement
- Communicating financial obligations verbally and in writing
- Arranging delivery of your medication to the location of your choice or pickup at any CVS Pharmacy location1
For emergency consultations, your personal CareTeam is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please see your prescription label for the number to call.
1 Based on the availability of CVS Pharmacy locations and subject to applicable laws and regulations. In-store pick up is not available in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and West Virginia. Some states require first fill prescriptions to be transmitted directly to the dispensing specialty pharmacy. Other restrictions may apply. Return