Ready to fill your Rx with CVS Specialty?
Enroll with us in a few easy steps
Living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) can be overwhelming at times. Whether you have the condition or you’re a caregiver, you may feel depressed or anxious. If left untreated, depression and anxiety can affect your daily life. Look out for the signs listed below. Talk to your doctor if you:
- Feel down most days for two weeks or more
- Lose interest and joy in doing things
- Have a hard time thinking or focusing
- Feel useless or guilty
- Have trouble falling or staying asleep, or sleeping too much
- Lose your appetite
- Eat more than usual
- Think about death repeatedly
Taking care of your mind is just as important as treating your physical symptoms. Below are some ideas to help manage your depression or anxiety. Work with your doctor or therapist to see which ideas may work best for you:
- Spend time with people who lift your spirits
- Avoid alcohol, and do not take any drugs your doctor did not order
- Stick to your therapy exactly as your doctor prescribed
- Go to bed about the same time every night
- Go outside or enjoy nature every day if you can
- Stay as active as you can
- Listen to a book on tape
- Rest when you are tired
- Join a support group (in-person or virtually)
To find a support group, visit the IPF Foundation and Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation websites.
Your IPF CareTeam is also here for you. Contact us when you need us.
This information is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Talk to your doctor or health care provider about your medical condition and prior to starting any new treatment. CVS Specialty assumes no liability whatsoever for the information provided or for any diagnosis or treatment made as a result, nor is it responsible for the reliability of the content.
CVS Specialty does not operate all the websites/organizations listed here, nor is it responsible for the availability or reliability of their content. These listings do not imply or constitute an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by CVS Specialty.
Your privacy is important to us. Our employees are trained regarding the appropriate way to handle your private health information.