Ready to fill your Rx with CVS Specialty?
Enroll with us in a few easy steps
Finding out you have HIV is life changing. Even when you know there are medications to treat HIV, it can be overwhelming. Remember that you aren’t alone and many people with HIV are healthy and living well. There are many ways to find support as you adjust to the news and learn how to best take care of yourself. Here are some hints that may help:
- Learn as much as you can about HIV. The more you know, the better you will understand your treatment and treatment goals. Your health care team is a great source of information. Reach out to them. There are also videos, organizations and websites that may help.
- Learn how to manage your treatment plan and keep yourself and others safe.
- Find a support group. Support groups can be a great place for people living with HIV to share thoughts, feelings and ideas. You can participate in person in support groups that are near you. There are also support groups that you can attend online.
- Reach out to friends and family that you can trust. Share your thoughts and feelings. Ask for help if you need it.
- Reach out to a mental health professional.
- Keep doing things for yourself, too.
- Exercise, keep active.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Get enough good sleep.
- Do things you enjoy doing with people you enjoy being with.
- Take your medications as directed and keep your appointments.
- Practice safe sex.
CVS Specialty® can help you get the best outcomes from your HIV treatment plan. This includes finding resources to help support you. Call us at 1-800-237-2767 to speak to a pharmacist or nurse specially trained in caring for HIV and sexual health.
This information is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Talk to your doctor or health care provider about your medical condition and prior to starting any new treatment. CVS Specialty assumes no liability whatsoever for the information provided or for any diagnosis or treatment made as a result, nor is it responsible for the reliability of the content.
CVS Specialty does not operate all the websites/organizations listed here, nor is it responsible for the availability or reliability of their content. These listings do not imply or constitute an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by CVS Specialty.
Your privacy is important to us. Our employees are trained regarding the appropriate way to handle your private health information.